Thursday, November 26, 2009

A lot to be thankful for.. Let's celebrate!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I'm off to go workout before spending the rest of the day cooking and spending time with friends and family.

This year, as usual, I am thankful to have a healthy body and mind. This year, in particular, I am thankful that I get to take advantage of both at TALES. I love working with all my classes-- dancing, learning, cooking, laughing, I must say, are my top favorites.

On the menu at today's Thanksgiving Day party I'll be going to, there will be a cultural blend of foods. There'll be a traditional American turkey, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce; spinach salad; cooked cabbage; Spanish rice and beans; Puerto Rican pasteles, which is plaintain dough stuffed with some type of meat, like a tamale or, in Chinese cuisine, like zhong; clementines, which are festive in Chinese culture; and traditional American desserts including pumpkin and apple pie.

How do you celebrate Thanksgiving? What kind of activities and food do you do and eat? Will you help out with the cooking? I'd love to hear about it. Please do share in the comments section at the bottom of this post. And share, too, what you're thankful for this year.

I wish you and your families a happy and healthy holiday. I'll see you all next week. Until then, here are the rest of the Cereal-Box-Design Contest winners-- what great potential marketers we have..


No comments:

Post a Comment